Where do I find boat/ship rules for D&D 4e? Guidance for skill challenges using boats as well as combat on boats greatly appreciated.
There are a fair number of boat/ship oriented encounters in Living Forgotten Realms adventures. Sometimes the ships are airships, but I think that's still useful. Specific adventures:
- MOON 1-1 (Nature's Wrath) has a combat that takes place on a ship
- MOON 1-7 (Treasure Hunt) is set on a ship, and has a number of aquatic encounters
- MOON 2-1 (Darkness Falls Over Moray) has a skill challenge for surviving a shipwreck
- CORE 2-3 (High Infidelity) has several airship combats; this is a paragon tier adventure
- CORE 2-10 (Upon the Sea of Stars) likewise has airship combats; it's a sequel to High Infidelity
- MINI 2-1 (A Mourning of Ravens) is largely land-locked, but the initial encounter and combat takes place on a ship
- WATE 1-4 (The Mystery of Deepwater Harbor) involves a shipwreck, including an underwater encounter on the ship
- WATE 1-5 (Lost in the Fog) has a skill challenge to recover items from a shipwreck
This implies the question "how do I get LFR adventures?" which is a really painful question because the answer is not simple. This thread may prove handy. Hopefully this fall the process will become easier.
My favorite papercrafting board had this question recently, and came up with a lot more good stuff. Summarized (but check out the thread as well):