Vampire is one of the worst classes from an optimization standpoint. Preselected, universally weak powers, few feats, no Con bonus to the Surge number. Inadequate as a Striker, no secondary role worth mentioning. This is generally accepted, at least I have never met anyone familiar with Striker baselines claim otherwise.
However, I have seen on this site and others that vampire was recommended as a Hybrid or Multiclass. And I just can not understand why.
Vampirism [Multiclass Vampire]
- You get Child of the Night, except the actually useful parts, like darkvision or necrotic resistance. Rather negative.
- You lose 4-6 Healing Surges. Horribly negative.
- You gain regeneration while bloodied. Being bloodied is generally bad, unless you are a Dragonborn, why would you optimize for it? Slightly positive.
- If you have more HS than your max, you can heal completely. Too bad you have to waste another feat to be able to gain a HS. Slightly positive.
- Heal you bloodied value from an ally. Great.
In the end, you gave up your only multiclass slot, for something that is more negative than positive.
- All of the above, except you only lose 2-3 surges.
- A bonus to the damage rolls of your vampire powers. As stated above, everyone agrees they are not that good.
What build could get better by hybriding with Vampire? Or is it the other way around, you take half of something else to try and make something Vampire-flavoured but still usable?
What build could get better by multiclassing with Vamire instead of something else?