We are playing Hero's Championship in a wicked Arena of Terror. That's beside our regular storyline with characters built just for this purpose. It's to get some adrenalin in a Player versus Player environment. The rules are simple:
- The arena's map (larger open spaces and some dungeon like narrow passages) and its features vary from time to time so it is a surprise for all characters
- Players bring new groups each time so the enemy is quite unknown from time to time
- Character ECLs are predefined and same for all (highest 14, lowest 10)
- All 3.5 official material can be used
My approach is to create 2 tanks and 2 supporters. For tanks who deal damage I planned to use monsters such as Kolyarut, Invisible Stalker or Leonal and for supporters one arcane and one divine caster. Arcane caster could be Pixie Wizard/Sorcerer/Ultimate Magus and for divine I think about Cleric/Ur-Priest. I also plan to have some Flaw feats to have the opportunity to select more usuful feats for all characters.
- Is my approach good enough?
- Is there a better option to create damage dealers with player races and classes (optimized Monk, etc)?
- How can I build the casters to function better?