In Dungeons & Dragons 4e can players use an Action Point during a surprise round?
If you are able to act during a Surprise roundDDI you have a couple restrictions:
- You can take one action during a surprise round (minor, move or standard)
- You can take free actions as well with one exception:
- You cannot spend action points
- During the surprise round you can take Immediate and Opportunity actions (just not on your own turn)
If you are surprised you:
- Cannot take any actions including immediate and opportunity and free actions.
- Grant Combat Advantage to all attackers for the duration of the surprise round.
- Cannot flank
The full rules are on p267 of the Player's Handbook and p190 and p235 of the Rules Compendium.