An Angel could have used some means to teleported them out:
This can be done with the following Manifestation Effects (Page 225-226 of GMC):
Means of subdual:
Angels have many abilities that a great for controlling people.
the Implant Mission Numina.
The chain of Fetter/Possess/Claim manifestations.
Taking control of them like this is one way to subdue them.
There is also the Hallucination Numina and several for manipulating emotions.
The angel could beat them up, if it materialised and carry them off,
the Innoculus numina would help it leave no scent.
And it could use numia from demon (see below) to clean up the scene.
Though this is the most likely to fail
Means of transport:
- Avernian Gateway: Opens a Underworld Gate, this gateway can be passed through by anyone to get the the Underworld. Fades after 1 scene.
- Shadow Gateway: (Rank 3+ angel only), this opens a gateway into the Shadow, again passable by anyone -- even by accident (So could be used as a trap to trick them in). Fades after a scene.
Once they have been transported to the Shadow, or Underworld they could be right into some serious infrastructure on the other side -- or the angel could use other means of the other control (discussed above) to take them futher.
The Shadow is a particularly good choice since it would leave traces for a werewolf party to see, as you have mentioned in your other question.
They could have been tricked into the Shadow Gateway, or manipulated using some of the abilities in described above.
Output/Occult Matrix Based
God machine infrastructure produces output -- as change upon the world.
Some examples of how this could have been used:
- Rewrite where a door leads (for a scene). Instead of this elevator openning on the the ground floor it opens into a dark place full of cogs. You don't notice until you have stepped forward and the elevator door is closed (I wouldn't do that to PCs but to NPCs sure)
- Rewrite the cosmic data that says someone's position: He is not there, he is here. This is kinda boring and unfun. But if you want to get the message across that the god machine is all powerful and we are ants beneath its thumb then its actually pretty good.
- Open a worm hole: Spacetime is a sheet, bend it just right so that two places are touch and then just a little hole and you are sucked right through.
- Convert a person to a digital representation that can be carried out by an Angel and reconstituted later. (Inspired by the Data Form Demon ability from DtD)
The list of infrastructure outputs that can solve this problem is limited only by your creativity.
"...many things most other supernatural beings regard as impossible can
be achieved with the right occult matrix." DTD, p63
You could also give any of these abilities to an angel in the form of a special piece of equipment (there are many examples in the books, such as the typewriter that creates evidence (DtD, p70))
More options can be found in Demon
I have just to focused on options from the God Machine Rules Update.
There are great pills of Embeds and Demonic form abilities in Demon the Decent,
all of those are valid abilities for an Angel to possess as Numina. (some example angels in DtD do).
Some exploits are also valid inspiration, such as Behind the Curtain, that lets a Angel Teleport between infrastructure.
One particular kind of Embed that might be good as a numina for this, is the embeds the rewrite the Evidence. This could be used to hide a abduction by cultists. Or mindcontrol to have them walk straight out.