I have spent some time looking into the various methods of flying and there are many and they are varied. So I'm asking others for their opinions on this matter. A comrade and myself are both considering getting flight for our characters for various reasons, and we both have vastly different circumstances around our characters. Here are some things to consider when weighing the options.
- Non-Magical flight is always superior
- Supernatural comes second
- Persistence is useful, especially to my chara
- Cost effective. Gold is easier to come by than feats, feats are cheaper than levels, so on. Perhaps rate them on usefulness and on cost separately?
- Do not factor in circumstances such as required race or alignment, please include any options you know.
- Don't bother including the various uses of the Fly spell (and other flight spells) unless they are granted outside of spellcasting (SLA's are fine, Fly granted as a supernatural ability is fine, Fly on existing magic items is fine)
- Materials allowed: 3.0/3.5, PF, FR, Eberron, WotC web
- Materials banned: Dragon/Dungeon Magazines, Dragon Annual/Compendium, 3rd Party, Homebrew
- Deity specific features might be able to be changed.