The books make lots of suggestions for moods the game can be played in, as in its feel and atmosphere, and it seems to be a fundamental and important choice when starting a chronicle. But how do I decide which mood is right for my chronicle?
I realize that could be answered with "it's up to you", but I'm hoping for more concrete methods for narrowing it down and matching chronicle with mood. For example, "How would I know my chronicle is a good fit for the paranoia mood?" seems like it should have some concrete criteria I can match against what I want from my chronicle.
To be clear, these are my assumptions, please correct me if I'm wrong:
- Mood is something to be selected (meaning all should not apply)
- Mood should be pervasive in your chronicle
- Mood shouldn't change frequently
What this question is not about (but may be present in an answer):
- How to portray a given a mood
- What the options for mood are
- Which mood I should choose