Certain spells such as Mass Cure Critical Wounds have level-based effects with caps that are higher than 20 (in this case, 40). How is it possible to cast such spells and have the higher-than-20 cap actually matter?
I know there are some relatively uncommon ways to boost your CL by a little bit (e.g. Orange Prism, Moon Circlet, and Improved Caster Level, although ICL doesn't give you a bonus higher than your character level, which makes it irrelevant for this), but these are tiny bonuses. Is it even possible to cast something like Mass Cure Critical Wounds and heal for the full +40 hp?
Edit: I'm editing this long after having originally asked the question for anybody stumbling across it to point out a few ways to buff your caster level that didn't end up being mentioned:
- Gaining levels in prestige classes such as arcane trickster and arcane archer that can increase your caster level in an existing class.
- The accursed sorcerer bloodline, which allows a witch with the Coven hex or another accursed sorcerer to grant you +1 CL via aid another.
- Feats such as Spell Specialization,Theurgy, Allied Spellcaster, and Flame Heart.
- The Wild Arcana mythic ability.
- The Gifted Adept trait.
- The strand of prayer beads' bead of karma.