I have a fighter with Power Attack, Leap Attack, Improved Trip, Improved Bull Rush, Shock Trooper and Combat Reflexes, who has a reach weapon (Guisarme).
Let's assume that I am in a charging range of enemy A and I can Bull Rush him towards enemy B.
Can I do the following sequence? And if not, what parts of this did I misunderstand and can they be replaced with something else?
- I charge, using Power Attack/Leap Attack to use Heedless Charge (part of Shock Trooper)
- Instead of attacking (at first), I use Directed Bull Rush (part of Shock Trooper) to attempt to knock enemy A into enemy B (stopping 10ft. short of the collided enemies rather than adjacent)
- I use Domino Rush (part of Shock Trooper) and Improved Trip on both enemies and afterwards attack them both because of Improved Trip and cannot be tripped in return.
Now, the outcome:
- The free Attacks from Improved Trip deal full Power Attack/Leap Attack damage
- The penalty from Power Attack goes to AC due to Heedless Charge (I did charge and Power Attack in the end)
Is this sequence allowed?
Thanks a lot for your answers. I now have only two things unclear - whether or not Leap Attack and Heedless Charge apply. I think, the crucial part is the time, when charge is considered completed.
Becouse benefits of Leap Attack:
You can combine a jump with a charge against an opponent. If you cover at least 10 feet of horizontal distance with your jump, and you end your jump in a square from which you threaten your target, you deal +100% the normal bonus damage from your use of the Power Attack feat. If you use this tactic with a two-handed weapon, you instead triple the extra damage from Power Attack. This attack must follow all the normal rules for using the Jump skill and for making a charge, except that you ignore rough terrain in any squares you jump over.
and benefit of Heedless Charge
Heedless Charge: To use this maneuver, you must charge and make the attack at the end of the charge using your Power Attack feat. The penalty you take on your attack roll must be -5 or worse. In addition to normal charge modifiers (which give you a -2 penalty to AC and a +2 bonus on the attack roll), you can assign any portion of the attack roll penalty from Power Attack to your Armor Class instead, up to a maximum equal to your base attack bonus.
Suggest, that if I make attack at the end of a charge with Power Attack, they both apply (so is the usual charge bonus to attack roll).
And if charge is ended when i chose to use Bull Rush instead of Attack, then i do not get benefit of both Leap attack and Heedless Charge and charge bonus to attack when i do Trip Attacks (but at the same time, i should have penalty from charge and power attack until the start of my turn)
But if charge is consodered finished after all my actions - like Bull Rush and Trip and Attack afterwards it seems, that i should get the benefits and charge bonus.
Can you please explain this to me?