I would like to run a military campaign starting in medieval times (D&D). The only military award or decoration that I know of in the d20 system (off the top of my head) is the Medal of Steadfast Honor from the Magic Item Compendium. Are there any other decorations in print somewhere?
I would like to have awards that could be issued and passed down through the generations.
The premise is to roleplay our way through the centuries, and will be roleplaying characters that are ancestors/descendents of the previous.
- 1st Campaign: Dungeons and Dragons (Crusades).
- 2nd Campaign: Dungeons and Dragons (Revolutionary War & Civil War).
- 3rd Campaign: d20 Modern (WWI & WWII).
- 4th Campaign: d20 Modern (Iraq & Afghanistan).
- 5th Campaign: d20 Modern (Future Sci/Fi - Aliens & Predator d20).
If a medal can provide a mechanical benefit, all the better! If not, then at least proper nomenclature of said awards. To simplify it further, keep it as English as possible (i.e. England during the crusades, United States for later conflicts), but as in game as possible. I have access to US Army regulations (in fact copies are on my bookshelf) for awards and decorations - that is modern times - and also not fantasy.