I'm looking for an introductory adventure for the Planescape setting that I could use to sell people on Planescape.
Ideally, I'm looking for an adventure that would satisfy the following criteria:
- A one-shot that we could run with pre-generated characters
- For a party of 4-5 characters
- Fit for some players that are new to RPGs in general
- Fit for introducing players that are new with Planescape to the background
- Able to be fit into one or two sessions, to 8 hours of total gameplay, tops.
- It should ideally contain as little combat as possible, maybe just an encounter or two to get the mechanics of it, and how the setting affects it.
Within those constraints, the high points of the scenario should be those of Planescape: interesting NPCs, creative ways to solve the problems, debating over the philosophical fine points of the setting.
I'm looking for something that shouldn't be too heavy on the new players, but also give them a nice overview while presenting them with some nice brain-teasers. It doesn't matter to me if the adventure is 4e or not, I'm happy to convert from another version.