I used to use Invisible Castle's roller which was based off of OpenRPG. Worked great, but it looks like the site has been pretty much gutted and is mostly defunct. The roller still works but I'm not sure how well the site would hold up to actually building a good proper campaign anymore. Is there anything that's still in good condition that has a similar sort of function? Dice roller, records each roll made, can link to the rolls, etc?
The Cheat Proof online die roller asked more about using pregenerated ID's and most of the answers directly relate to that strategy. And Invisible Castle is specifically listed as well but as I stated the site is mostly defunct. The roller still functions, but the rest of the site is empty. Others listed were using emails, which I may not be able to use for what I intended. Invisible Castle was pretty much unique in its features and I haven't found anything like it in years. The closest thing listed in that question to what I needed is RPOL.net but its dicerollers are only accessible to people with an account and listed as part of the campaign. For what I was looking for there was a possibility of many people coming and going and as long as they have the campaign name I can check the logs well and Invisible Castle worked great for that but is no longer being maintained it seems.
Invisible Castle's features, as I know them, include the following.
- Trackable dice rolls first and foremost
- Ability for anyone to jump in and make a roll for the campaign as long as they have an account
- Trackable by character name
- Rather decent rolling mechanics (allowed for drop lowest/highest, exploding, etc)
- No account needed if you're cool with not tagging the Campaign
- Comments could be added into the rolls