There are a number of options for you to consider:
Your familiar is helping you to search
You have asked your familiar to assist you, by staying still, holding their head steady, focusing on some thing, etc. Mechanically the familiar used the Help action on their turn:
You can lend your aid to another creature in the completion of a task. When you take the Help action, the creature you aid gains advantage on the next ability check it makes to perform the task you are helping with, provided that it makes the check before the start of your next turn.
Both of you search
Alternately, you could just tell your familiar that you want to search for something, in which case on their turn they can take the Search action too.
When you take the Search action, you devote your attention to finding something. Depending on the nature of your search, the DM might have you make a Wisdom (Perception) check or an Intelligence (Investigation) check.
Mechanically these two options are very similar. You still end up rolling 2 die for perception, but with the former you make both the rolls, with the later you make one and your familiar makes one. But the later has the advantage of you being able to do something else if your familiar succeeds on the check.
You could also forego telling your familiar to stop, and try your luck with a straight search check:
- On your turn: "Hey familiar, stop there, I want to take a closer look at that"
- On your familiars turn: Stops, takes the Help action
- On your following turn: See through your familiars eyes as an action, as another action use Search, roll Perception with Advantage.
- On your turn: "Hey familiar, let's take a closer look over there"
- On your familiars turn: Stops, takes the Search action
- On your following turn: See through your familiars eyes as an action, as another action use Search, roll as normal
- On your turn: See through your familiars eyes as an action, as another action use Search, roll as normal
You need 2 actions on the same turn to attempt this
Find familiar states:
as an action, you can see through your familiar's eyes and hear what it hears until the start of your next turn, gaining the benefits of any special senses that the familiar has
Making skill checks takes an action in combat, and there is even a special action called Search for making perception checks.
You need to use one action to see through your familiar's eyes, and another to Search. However seeing through your familiars eyes only lasts until the start of your next turn, so you don't have enough actions to make this happen.
Currently there is no way to get Search as a bonus action, so I'm not sure exactly how you plan to pull this off. But you could use action surge or something similar.