I've been thinking on creating a very specific NPC for the E6 game I'm running. This NPC would be a male barbarian, a hybrid between an Orc and a Hobgoblin, perhaps with advanced age. There is no official rules for a Half-Hobgoblin race, though there are several homebrews. I came up with this, and would like feedback on its balance. My idea is to get to something that has a +1 level adjustment. When I compared with the gnoll race, which has some racial hit dices (not the case for my race) and a level adjustment of +1, it didn't seem so powerful. Take a look:
- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom -2 Charisma
- Humanoid (Goblinoid)
- Medium size
- Half-hobgoblin base land speed is 30 feet
- Darkvision out to 60 feet
- +2 racial bonus on Move Silently checks
- Hybrid Blood: for all purposes related to race, the character is considered a hobgoblin and a orc
- Automatic Languages: Common and Goblin. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Infernal, Giant, Orc.
- Favored Class: Fighter.
- Level Adjustment: +0
When you look at it, it is basically a half-orc with +2 Move Silently and +2 Cons/-2 Wisdom. Is this too far beyond a LA +0 race? I'm not comfortable with the -2 Wisdom. I could add something like having a penalty to Charisma skills whenever dealing with Hobgoblins and Orcs due to prejudice. Is this balanced at +0 or +1, and what would I need to change to make it a solid +1 LA?