This is my build:
- Level 1 – Warlock 1 - otherworldy patron, pact magic
- Level 2 – Warlock 2 - eldritch invocations
- Level 3 – Warlock 3 - pact boon
- Level 4 – Paladin 1 - divine sense, lay on hands
- Level 5 – Paladin 2 - fighting style, spell casting, smite
If I understand correctly I am character level 5 but class level 3 Warlock and class level 2 Paladin.
This means that Eldritch Blast will make 2 ranged attacks as I am character level 5, but I do not get an ability score improvement at level 4 because I get that at class level 4.
Is this correct?
EDIT: my players have started multi classing and this is an example character I made to try to understand the rules better.
The comment that Profecincy bonus used character level and not class level is the kind of information I was looking for.
I guess my question would be close to: using the build above what do I count as level 5 for?