The first thought I had upon reading about the Swashbuckler from Unearthed Arcana: Waterborne was to create a matador. Unfortunately I was unable to find (after searching through the DMG, MM, and PHB) an equivalent for the cape that a matador uses that felt appropriate.
The Main ideas that I have are:
- the cape acts as half cover
- while holding the cape the rogue gets +2 AC
- while holding the cape the Rogue has advantage on Dex saves and attacks from opponents it can see have disadvantage
- Rogue can use its reaction to move any unspent movement it has remaining while the cape is equipped
- You can use your reaction to give a hostile creature that enters within 5 feet of you while this is equipped gains disadvantage on Dexterity and Wisdom saving throws until the next round
So my question is:
Which of the above seems to be balanced?
Is there any way besides play testing for a month that I could determine if any of these are too powerful for a level 1 rogue to have?