I'm gonna be a GM for an upcoming DnD 3.5 game. I want to do an adventure into an house of mirrors / spookhouse / house of illusions. The big bad would most likely be a beholder. Given the number of mirrors there'll be, I wondered how magic interacts with mirrors.
I'm pretty sure evocations would just smash into the glass and/or explode on contact, but the other spell effects are trickier.
- Are rays reflected?
- Are beholder rays reflected (might not be the same, who knows)?
- Are gaze attacks reflected?
- Is the antimagic gaze reflected?
- Are illusion reflected?
- Can you cast a spell which requires line of sight through a Mirror?
- (telekinesis' slam attack, magic missile, illusions, cloudkill, summon monster)
- Would true sight and see invisibility and all those fancy vision spells grant you their benefits if the vision bounce on a Mirror?
- (ex. there's an invisible foe around a corner and a Mirror in the said corner: would true sight reveal it through the mirror?)