I am about to bring a Shield and Sword Slayer to a PFS game. Assume I can use anything on PFSRD since if I need the book, I will just buy it. I am starting form level 1 with 150g, as is PFS standard. I just want to have my level progression set before I start.
Human Swashbuckler 1 / Slayer X
Str 14, Dex 19 (17 +2 human), Con 14, Int 8, Wis 11, Cha 8.
Feats: Two Weapon Fighting, Improved Shield Bash, Swashbuckler Finesse (not quite a feat, but close enough)
Gear: Chain Shirt (100g), Gladius (15g), Buckler (5g), Morningstar (8g), Dungeoneer's Kit (15g)
Traits: Shield Trained, Reactionary
Goal: Use a Heavy Spiked Shield and a Rapier on a high dex build to skyrocket my AC while not sacrificing too much damage.
- Level 3: Weapon Focus (Rapier) via Rogue Talent (RT), Fencing Grace
- Level 5: Shield Focus via Ranger Combat Style (RCS), Power Attack
- Level 7: Shield Master via RCS, Improved TWF via RT, Improved Initiative
- Level 9: Improved Critical (Rapier), Blood Reading?
- Level 11: Bashing Finish via RCS, Greater TWF
I am unsure on Improved Init and Blood Reading (which comes off my favored class bonus). Is there a better growth for this build? I asked at the Paizo forums and I was recommended lots of other builds, but no suggestions on this one.