I am trying to find out how to best do what I want with this character, playing in Adventure League games.
Multi Classing Decision
I am about to hit level 5 in our campaign. After doing some research online I have found out that you can use your two death pact spells for smite and on top of that, the Darkness/Devil sight build + Sentinel Feat looks attractive. Beyond that, there is a cool RP setup in combining Paladin and Warlock tied to the Fey/Archfey. My big problem with Feat Selection is that I was looking at Mage slayer, Sentinel and Shield mastery, and having Protection fighting style, but with only one reaction per turn the synergy of stacked feats won't work.
I want to be someone who stops creatures, knocks them prone, buffs my team and debuffs the enemy to establish Advantage and/or Disadvantage.
I want to be able to keep the enemy away from my healer and casters. I have a new player to DND who has joined us and he's a fighter (my little Squire for RP purposes) who uses Battlemaster / greatweapon fighting. He will be using stuff like Trip attack. So I want to be able to help protect him in the front line and keep the enemies on me, while making it easier for him to hit or be not hit? I would like to be able to do some dmg but mainly like with Mage slayer bash casters, or sentinel keep them on me away from my team.
Stats: 16 str, 12 dex, 19 con(amulet of health 16 w/o), 8 int, 10 wis, 14 cha
What is the best leveling up plan, and when should I choose a feat or an ASI.
Build Plan Draft
2-Paladin Pick Protection to Apply Disadvantage to attack rolls vs my friend.
- Paladin - Oath of Ancients. Its how I'm doing my RP, worship the nature and get his power later.
- Paladin First ability or feat. What is the better choice: adding Strength or taking the Mage slayer or Shield mastery feat?
- Paladin 2nd attack
- Paladin Aura
- Warlock Archfey for RP and Fey Presence
- Warlock Take Agonizing Blast and Eldritch Spear to power up my Eld blast.
- Warlock Take Pact of boon for RP.
10 Warlock Ability score improvement 2 or feat? Here I would take Sentinel for darkness.
- Warlock Get devil sight +3rd level spell slot.
Here it gets Skewed: I can go Lock or pally
- Pally Gain resistance Aura to spells
- Pally 3rd Ability/feat
- Pally gain 2 3rd level spell slots for smite!
- Pally Aura of courage meh still nice
- Pally improved Smite (amazing)
- Pally Ability score improvement 4
- Warlock Misty escape meh its ok.
- Warlock 4th level spell slot + one with shadow (i love this one)
- Warlock 5th and final Ability mod/feat.
Would love some peoples inputs if I should go another route please!
Beyond that, I've discussed with a friend that I should change Fighting Style from Protection to Dueling for +2 dmg, and to help with overburdening my reaction.