I know this sounds really obvious, but it also seems a little crazy in context, so I'm confirming just in case my players call me on it. The PCs will soon face an anaxim which has the following natural attacks:
- 2 spinning blades that each deal 2d6 points of damage
- 2 slams that each deal 2d6 points of damage
- 1 shocking touch that deals 2d6 points of damage that's a touch attack but does not, apparently, deal electricity damage
- 6 spikes that each deal 2d6 points of damage and possess a 120 ft. range increment
- 1 electricity ray that deals 10d6 points of electricity damage that's a ranged touch attack with no listed range increment (therefore presumably limited to line of effect)
I've advanced the monster a few Hit Dice and customized its lackluster feat selection so that it has the the feats Multiattack (MM 304), Improved Multiattack (Dungeon #109 49), and, of course, Elusive Dance (Dragon #333 88), but I want to make sure that when the creature makes a full attack, it'll be the cyclone of lightning and spiky bits that I expect it to be.
So, when a creature that possesses natural ranged attacks takes the full attack action, can the creature employ both its natural melee attacks and its natural ranged attacks?
Note: Don't feel bad for the PCs! They're level 20 with only about 4 sessions left in the campaign, and very few as-published monsters challenge them. And don't feel bad for the anaxim, either. Its feats are well-spent on access to nutty planar touchstone site stuff through the Sandstorm feat Touchstone (53) and other special abilities like the Complete Champion feat Trickery Devotion (63). It'll be a hoot.