I'm creating a new Level 10 Character who is starting off multi-classing. Each class has the following equipment:
- (a) a handaxe and a light hammer or (b) any two simple weapons
- a light crossbow and 20 bolts
- (a) scale mail or (b) studded leather armor
- thieves’ tools and a dungeoneer’s pack
- (a) two shortswords or (b) a shortsword and shield
- A quarterstaff and light armor
- Your choice of gaming set
- An ancient tome and a explorer’s pack
When selecting my starting equipment, do I get everything, mix and match (take hand axe and light hammer from Class #1, then quarterstaff and light armor from Class #2), or everything from one which class that he started as?
I know the DM can decide any of those, but what is the rule?