I currently have a Heavy Warhorse, who is pulling a carriage. I soon want to upgrade my mount, but I couldn't find a simple list of creatures that can be mounted, and looking through all the books is something I won't even begin with.
The mount is not intended to be used in combat. It will mainly be pulling my character's carriage, or driving the character itself around.
All books are allowed, except for third party content. For the mount, I would like:
- A large size. My character is medium.
- At least 40 ft. speed. I don't want my mount as fast as me, or slower.
- Able to pull a carriage. I am not getting rid of my carriage.
- A fly speed. It would barely be an upgrade without. I want a minimal fly speed of 70 ft. (Right now, it'll leave the carriage behind when it's flying.)
- Average maneuverability or better. Better would be, well, better.
My character is a dread necromancer, so I could easily make my mount undead and Command it to let me ride it. However, if the mount is a magical beast, it might have some features that I would like to keep, that would disappear if I made it into an undead. For instance, if the creature would be able to cast spell-like abilities, I would want to keep those. Therefore, if it is a magical creature with spell-like abilities (or other special features), I would also like it to be:
- Trainable by another character. An NPC should be able to train it. The cost doesn't matter.
- A neutral or evil alignment. My character is neutral evil, and befriending a good creature could be a pain.
- (Preferable) Loyal. I would rather not have a mount that doesn't listen to me whenever he feels like it.
The mount will be a goal I will work towards, so level and cost shouldn't matter.