A. If a character is pregnant in her homeworld, and then translates as a different species...:
- ... is she still pregnant in the recursion?
- ...and spends enough time in the recursion for birth, is the child born in the recursion? Is the child of the mother's new (temporary) species? Is the child considered a native of the recursion?
- ...then returns before birth, is the child affected? (Specific question from a player was, will the child be quickened?)
B. Can a character become pregnant while translated as a different species?
- Is she still pregnant when she returns to her homeworld (or translates to another recursion)?
- Will the child be of the then-current species (natural or translated) when born?
The player apparently worried about this more than I did (I didn't tell her my plans) - she took the last couple of months of the pregnancy off from translating, stayed on Earth, and had the kid... then, about 3 months later, translated with the child. So, the kid is quickened, regardless!
But still, the question remains: what consequences does translating have for a pregnant character?