In the 1990s I once played a horror RPG. I'd like to track it down again but I'm unable to figure out what it was. As best I can remember:
- The PCs are powerful, almost alien beings. Players had a great deal of freedom in what their PCs looked like.
- The PCs normally reside in another universe or plane. Their homes were reflections of themselves, and may have been able to violate the laws of physics.
- Other alien horrors would enter Earth occasionally. They could be overt or subtle. PCs would be called to Earth to hunt down and destroy these horrors. The core problem may have been that the horror's presence caused or was caused by a tear in reality?
- There may have been a mechanic where normal humans could be blind to the supernatural, making it easier for PCs to blend in but also giving cover to the horrors.
- It was billed as a horror game.
- I played it somewhere between fall of 1993 and spring of 1997. I think it was newish when we played.
- Based on reviews, I'm pretty sure it's not Kult.
What was this game?