I've playing around with dice probabilities and have a spreadsheet that handles the calculation for basic probabilities rolling a set of dice and counting the number of successes. I am completely new to using any dice and have been reading the documentation and examples, but need help in figuring out to solve my problem. Any advice is much appreciated!
Here's what I'm trying to figure out: When rolling a pool of 4d6 a 5 or 6 is a success. Two of the dice need to be a five or a six to be a full success. The probability is roughly 41% of getting a full success. I figured that out with math.
Now to the more complicated scenario. Same rules as above except replace a d6 for a d8 and a result of 8 on that die counts as 2 successes a roll of 6 or 7 counts as one success. I am looking for the probability of complete success (two or more successes). So roll 3d6 and 1d8 looking for the probability of complete success.
Here are some examples:
- 3d6 and 1d8 -> 2,4,2 and 3 -> No successes
- 3d6 and 1d8 -> 3, 6, 5 and 4 -> Two successes condition met
- 3d6 and 1d8 -> 3, 4, 5 and 6 -> Two successes condition met
- 3d6 and 1d8 -> 1, 1, 3 and 8 -> 8 roll counts for two successes condition met
- 3d6 and 1d8 -> 4, 5, 2 and 5 -> One success condition not met (only 6 and 7 on the d8 count as success)
- 3d6 and 1d8 -> 5, 5, 2 and 8 -> Four successes condition met.
- 3d6 and 1d8 -> 4, 4, 2 and 7 -> One success condition not met.
Is this possible with AnyDice?