It would have to make sense in the narrative, which it might not. A lot of combat behaviours don't have clear retaliations:
- Making a ranged attack against someone without a ranged weapon
- Kicking someone while they are down
- Attacking someone who doesn't want to fight back / is only defending
- Fighting with a large group of people
- Using Provoke who doesn't know you well enough to emotionally hurt you
As such, it would require a lot of GM intervention to constantly describe how this happens or a lot of exceptions to the rule in general.
If you want to handle it mechanically, it's better to use a Stunt for it. I think there is one in the Fate SRD as an example, but I cannot find it. But I think it went something like
When you Defend with Style in melee combat, you may choose to inflict a 2-stress hit instead of receiving a Boost.
That ties it to the character and rules out most situations where it doesn't make sense, without requiring modifications to the main rules.