This table is generated using the same methods that Axoren used in their answer to the base question about Sorcerers.
How to Use it
Like with Axoren's table, the way to use it is to read each column as permitting spells of that level or lower. So for example, a level 13 Eldritch Knight can know:
- 2 Spells of 3rd Level or lower
- 7 Spells of 2nd Level or lower
- Of those spells, two may come from any school, 7 must come from only Abjuration or Evocation
Then, go though the Spell List, sorting in descending order by Spell Level, and check off the highest category of spell level that each spell is valid for. As long as you don't exceed the limit for that slot, your list is valid. So for this list for a 13th level Eldritch Knight:
We can prove it's valid.
- The 3rd level + 1 2nd level count for "2 3rd levels",
- and the remaining 2nd levels count for "7 2nd levels".
Regarding their Spell School Restrictions
As best as I can determine, their spell school restrictions have no bearing on this table. The levels at which their non-restricted spells are handed out (3, 8, 14, and 20) are spaced out enough that it does not affect the sequencing of allocating their spells. So regardless of the level being considered, so long as they otherwise obey the restrictions set by this table, the unrestricted spells may be of any level.